Protecting Our Customers
Protecting the integrity and fairness of OLG's products and games is a priority. Our goal is to ensure the right prize goes to the right person, each time and every time. That’s why OLG has a strict Code of Conduct for our retailers.
Lottery Retailer Code of Conduct
To support OLG’s commitment to guarantee public trust in the lottery system, as an authorized lottery retailer or retailer Staff1, I agree to responsibly sell and redeem OLG authorized lottery tickets/products with integrity, respect and social responsibility, in the following manner:
- Sell lottery products to and redeem prizes for only individuals 18 years of age or older.
- Comply with all laws and regulations that apply to lottery tickets/products.
- Comply with the Registrar’s Standards for Gaming: Lottery Sector as it applies to the retailer
- Promote fair, honest and courteous treatment of customers.
- Make readily available game rules and game information such as prize details and game results.
- Properly redeem prizes and honour all legitimate prize claims.
- Follow all OLG operating procedures and contractual requirements.
- Answer all reasonable customer questions, or direct customers to OLG as required.
- Recognize that I am considered an insider and as such, will identify myself as an insider to OLG when claiming any prizes from a lottery game OLG participates in.
- Not purchase, play, validate, check or redeem personal lottery tickets or coupons at the lottery retail location where I sell, handle and redeem lottery products.
1 Staff means any employee, director, officer, partner, contractor, representative or agent of the Retailer who is engaged in any material manner in the sale of or handling of Authorized Products or the provision of Authorized Services, which for greater clarity shall mean persons involved with the actual activity surrounding the receipt, inventory control, activation, sale, checking, validation and redemption of lottery tickets, the operation of the lottery terminal and its peripherals
Reporting Potential Fraud
If you suspect that you’ve been a victim of fraud after buying or redeeming your lottery ticket(s),
please notify OLG immediately by calling