How Sponsorship Requests Are Evaluated
OLG evaluates requests on the following Sponsorship criteria*:
Focus: The event is aligned with OLG’s target sponsorship categories. It must be a community festival; significant local festival or event; and/or a civic or business related event aligned with OLG business goals.
Alignment: The event must be consistent with OLG's commitment to corporate responsibility, support OLG positioning as a strong community partner, and portray a positive image.
Target Audience: The event must be primarily targeted at and benefit adults 19 years of age and over.
Accessibility: OLG prefers to sponsor events/organizations that are accessible to the general public and directed toward the community at large, and that provide programming that is free of charge or has a nominal admission price.
Geographic Market: The event takes place in or near a community where OLG has a gaming site.
Rights and Benefits:The event must clearly articulate and quantify all rights and benefits provided to OLG, and where applicable provide, paid media campaign blocking charts, details on planned public relations activity and estimated value to OLG.
Sponsorship Details: A complete list of sponsorship categories and fees must be provided as well as list of confirmed sponsors.
Category exclusivity:Where required OLG is guaranteed exclusivity in the gaming industry.
Stakeholder Relations: The sponsorship will be of interest to our customers and stakeholders and may provide appropriate hosting opportunities.
Employee Engagement: The event should detail opportunities for OLG employees to attend or volunteer.
Established Property: This is not a first year event, patrons and sponsors return; the organization has a solid financial record; and the event is viable without continued OLG support.
Earned Media: The event attracts local media and can provide the number of media impressions from previous years upon request.
*Please note that meeting these criteria does not in itself guarantee approval. Due to high demands for sponsorship funds, OLG is unable to support all projects.
OLG is unable to provide sponsorship support for requests that are not consistent with
our corporate policy.
Specifically, OLG will not consider requests for:
- Organizations, projects, events or activities that primarily benefit and are focused on people under 19 (nineteen) years of age
- Events or activities that are contentious in any way or may be deemed unacceptable to the community at large
- Individual or personal needs
- Religious organizations
- Political organizations and candidates
- Operational funding or budget deficits
- Capital funds for projects or equipment
- Organizations that direct aid or assistance to recipients outside of Ontario
- Individual athletes, sports teams or registration fees
- Sporting events (unless it is a major event and of significant benefit to the community at large)
- Golf tournaments or sporting related fundraisers, such as walks, bikes or runs (unless there is a strong business rationale to do so)
- Conferences (unless there is a strong business rationale to do so)
- Trade or consumer shows managed by commercial organizations will be referred to the appropriate OLG line of business for potential marketing participation (e.g., travel and home shows,motor coach marketplaces).
Want to Apply for Sponsorship?
Organizations requesting sponsorship support must complete an Application Form.Apply Online