OLG CUSTOMER ADVISORY: OPTIONS FOR CLAIMING LOTTERY PRIZES
TORONTO, ON – If you have won a prize from LOTTO MAX, LOTTO 6/49 or any of OLG’s lottery products, congratulations!
We realize you are excited about claiming your lottery prize. During this evolving situation involving the coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to remind our customers that OLG offers many options for prize redemption, some of which don’t require an in-person visit to the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto:
- Every lottery retailer can pay up to (and including) $50. Some retailers have the option to pay up to $999.90, if they have the cash available.
- To claim lottery prizes from $1,000 to under $10,000, you can take advantage of OLG’s mail-in claim process. OLG.ca has details about the mail-in option.
- If you buy lottery tickets on PlayOLG.ca, lottery winnings under $1,000 will be automatically credited to your account, and you will be notified.
- For winnings between $1,000 and $100,000, you will be prompted to fill out a Lottery Prize Claim Declaration Form. Once you’ve successfully submitted the form, OLG will either credit your PlayOLG account or contact you for next steps.
- For lottery prizes of over $100,000 won on PlayOLG.ca, you must also submit a Lottery Prize Claim Declaration Form, and once the form has been submitted, the OLG Prize Centre will contact you with next steps.
Check out OLG.ca for complete details about OLG’s prize claim process and options, or call the OLG Support Centre at 1-800-387-0098.
The health and safety of our customers, our employees and lottery retailers is a priority for OLG. We are following the guidance provided by public health authorities and would encourage you do to so as well. If you have a winning ticket and are not feeling well or have recently returned from an international trip (including the U.S.), we would encourage you to consider the mail-in redemption option if available for your claim, to consult your local public health agency before attending a lottery retailer, or delay your visit to the OLG Prize Centre.
OLG is a crown agency that develops world-class gaming entertainment for the Province of Ontario. Acting in a socially responsible way, OLG conducts and manages land-based gaming facilities; the sale of province-wide lottery games; PlayOLG Internet gaming; and the delivery of bingo and other electronic gaming products at Charitable Gaming Centres. OLG is also helping to build a more sustainable horse racing industry in Ontario. Since 1975, OLG has provided more than $52 billion to the people and Province of Ontario to support key government priorities like health care; the treatment and prevention of problem gambling; and support for amateur athletes. Each year, proceeds from OLG’s operations also support host communities, Ontario First Nations, lottery retailers and local charities across the province.
All for Here – 100 per cent of OLG’s proceeds are invested in Ontario
Follow on Twitter @OLGtoday
Knowledge you can bet on.
Follow on Twitter @PlaySmartOLG
ConnexOntario – Problem Gambling Support: 1-866-531-2600
Disponible en français
OLG MEDIA RELATIONS