Protecting Our Customers
Protecting the integrity and fairness of OLG's products and games is a priority. Our goal is to ensure the right prize goes to the right person, each time and every time. That’s why OLG has a strict Code of Conduct for our retailers.
Lottery Retailer Code of Contact
OLG's commitment to earning and retaining your trust extends to our lottery retailers. Our Lottery Retailer Code of Conduct requires anyone involved in selling or redeeming lottery products to abide by clear rules.
To support OLG’s commitment to guarantee public trust in the lottery system, as an authorized lottery retailer or lottery retailer employee, I agree to responsibly sell and redeem OLG lottery products with integrity, respect and social responsibility, in the following manner:
- I will comply with all laws and regulations that apply to OLG products.
- I will follow all OLG operating procedures and contractual requirements.
- I will make game rules and game information, such as prize details and game results, readily available.
- I will properly redeem prizes and honour all legitimate prize claims.
- I recognize that I am considered an insider and, as such, I will identify myself as an insider to the OLG when claiming any prizes from a lottery game in which OLG participates.
- I will promote fair, honest and courteous treatment of all customers.
- I will answer all reasonable customer questions, or direct customers to OLG as required.
- I will sell lottery products and redeem prizes only to individuals 18 years of age or older
I acknowledge that failure to comply with the above conduct will result in progressive disciplinary action, up to and including termination of the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Retailer Agreement.
Reporting Potential Fraud
If you suspect that you’ve been a victim of fraud after buying or redeeming your lottery ticket(s),
please notify OLG immediately by calling